Baked Eggplant Recipe
Yummy Eggplant Circle Cooking –
Stuffed Eggplant Karniyarik is one of the traditional, best known and favorite Turkish dish of all time. It is irresistible with the combination of ingredients and the presentation. Best served with fluffy Turkish style pilaf.
This roasted miso glazed eggplant recipe is one of my favorite ways to cook eggplant. Miso Glazed Eggplant comes out rich and savory with umami flavors and it’s also vegan and vegetarian! Subscribe for healthy recipes, tips and more:
– 1 Eggplant (1/2 inch slices)
– 2 tbsp of Miso Paste
– 2 tbsp of Rice Vinegar (I’ve even used apple cider, or sake combined with mirin. The idea is to add an acidic flavor)
– 1 tbsp of Sugar (Or sugar substitute: maple syrup, honey, mirin)
– 1 tsp of Soy Sauce
– Chopped Green Onions for garnish
1. Set oven to 425 degrees. Lay eggplant flat on a lined baking sheet. If your eggplant has lots of seeds, you can remove potential bitterness, by sprinkling coarse salt over the eggplant, and after 5 – 10 minutes, wipe the salt and moisture that rises to the top with a paper towel. This is optional, and I often skip this step.
2. Brush both sides of eggplant with olive oil or another oil you prefer. Place in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes, and take out when it starts to brown. Flip the eggplant.
3. While eggplant is cooking, in a bowl add Miso Paste, rice vinegar, sugar and soy sauce, and whisk till smooth.
4. Lighty spread miso sauce on eggplant and place back in oven set on broil for 3-5 minutes. Keep a careful eye on it to make sure it doesn’t burn. That can be the difference of a couple minutes under a broil. Remove and serve with chopped green onion.
In this video, I want to show you how to cook a Chinese, vegetarian dish with eggplant. The eggplant is crispy outside and soft inside, not oily even though it is deep-fried, and retain the purple hue after cooking.
The ingredients used are available in most of the Asian kitchen pantry and can be done within thirty minutes. I have added Szechuan peppercorn which may not be available in certain places, but that is optional.
There are three fundamental techniques in this recipe:
1. Add salt to the eggplant so that it will absorb less oil during deep-frying
2. Add vinegar to the eggplant to preserve the purple hue of its appearance.
3. Mix the gravy with the crispy eggplant in the wok, not more than ten seconds. If you stir-fry the eggplant, the gravy will soften the crispy eggplant. More importantly, serve immediately.
Let’s get started.
Ingredients (A)- Eggplant
450g Chinese eggplants
1 tsp salt
1 tsp white vinegar
60g potato starch (substitute: cornstarch)
Ingredients (B)- Aromatics
5 cloves garlic, smashed and coarsely chopped
1 stalk scallion, cut into 1/4 cm length
15g ginger, smashed and coarsely chopped
1 tsp Szechuan peppercorn, crushed with mortar and pestle (optional)
2 dry chilies, cut into 1cm pieces
Ingredients (C)- Sauce
3 tbsp water
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
2 tsp sugar
1/4 teaspoon potato starch
1. Quarter the eggplant, then cut it diagonally into half cm thick pieces.
2. Mix one teaspoon of salt with the eggplant. Place the eggplant on a paper towel and let it sits for twenty minutes. Wipe off the excess salt and water.
3. Add the vinegar. Then combine 1/3 of the starch with the eggplant. When it is absorbed, and the second 1/3. Once you add the last batch of starch, deep fried immediately in hot oil for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on kitchen towel.
4. Saute ingredients (B) in some oil, once it turns aromatic, add the sauce (C) and combine.
5. Add the deep-fried eggplant to the sauce. Flash fried for 5 seconds.
6. Dish out. Garnish with chopped chili and scallion. Serve.
Easy Baked Eggplant
Learn how to make baked eggplant rounds that can be a delicious addition to any meal. 🍆
Eggplant Recipe | Baked Eggplant | Eggplant Oven Recipe | Eggplant Rollatini Recipe | Eggplant
I hope you all enjoy this Eggplant Rollatini Recipe recipe.
Watch how to make roasted eggplant. Try this easy healthy pan roasted eggplant recipe which is low in carbs and rich in potassium, magnesium, dietary fiber, vitamin B6, vitamin C, iron, etc.