Fontina Cheese !
Fontina is a classic Italian cheese made in the Aosta Valley since the 12th century. Fontina is usually aged for 90 days as I will be with this homemade variety.
The interior of Fontina is pale cream in colour and riddled with holes known as “eyes”. With a fat content of 45%, the cheese is very rich and creamy which gets nuttier with ageing.
• 10 litres (10 quarts) whole milk
• 1/8 teaspoon Mesophilic culture
• 1/2 teaspoon Calcium Chloride diluted in 1/4 cup cool
• 1/2 teaspoon Liquid Rennet (IMCU 200) diluted in 1/4 cup
cool non-chlorinated water
• Brine Solution 18% Saturation
Fontina Grilled Cheese |
Wisconsin Fontina Cheese
Wisconsin Mascarpone Cheese
update 3 on my cheese and it only gets better!
You can now support me on Patreon. I will be uploading no ad videos and lots of tips and hints on how I run my kitchen …Your support is so appreciated and welcomed thank you all